DRIP BAG CHAMPIONSHIP 2018
This competition highlights the craft of filter coffee brewing using disposable drip bag, promoting manual coffee brewing without much equipment. No barista skills needed (Simply Clip drip bag > Pour > Serve). This will be, by-far, the simplest coffee competition. Join Now!
Watch the video… This is how easy coffee is brewed 🙂 ___________________________________________________________
CASH $6888 + Trophy
Hamper + Trophy
Hamper + Trophy
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
No. of participants: 30* per compulsory round
Compulsory Round : 22 June 2018, 7pm to 8pm
Compulsory Round : 23 June 2018, 7pm to 8pm
Final: 24 June 2018, 7pm to 8pm
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 5
Registration Fees*: Now$30 (Usual $50, Subsidised by our Official Print Partner: Expressprint)
*Include a gift pack worth $50
This competition is open to competitors from any country, based on a first come first served basis. All competitors are required to register via the official form www.roastedly.com/dbcsg2018 with payment made.
*Minimum 18 years of age at time of registration
- Upon successful registration, competitor will be assigned to a group of 6 in the following format (randomly assigned)
- Group A/B/C/D/E (Competitor1/2/3/4/5)
- Group F/G/H/I/J (Competitor1/2/3/4/5)
- Everyday at 9am, Roastedly will announce the coffee beans to be used for the competition session.
- Each Competitor for that day’s session can collect 2 x coffee sachets and drip bag from organizer between 3pm to 6pm.
- Competitor can make use of the training area to practice and perfect the brew.
- Competitor will be brewing on stage between 7-8pm in groups according to the schedule
- Each group will start at the same time and is given 5 minutes to brew
- Panel of judges will then assess the coffee and award marks accordingly
- Results will be tabulated and announced by 10pm
- Top 5 competitors from each compulsory round (total 10) will progress to compete in the final (24 June, 7pm)
RULES & REGULATION
- Competitor can only use hot water, kettle, coffee sachet, drip bag and cups provided by Roastedly
- Competitor cannot bring any equipment
- Competitor must brew at least 150ml of coffee and present to judge (without the drip bag) for assessment.
- Competitor will be disqualified for but not limited to lateness, overtime, and failure to adhere to rules and regulation and misconduct.
- In the event that qualified competitors absent or withdraw, the next competitor with the next highest points will replace and participate in the finals.
- Organizer reserves the rights to substitute the prizes of equivalent value.